TOYOTA GAZOO Racing FULLY PREPARED FOR DAKAR 2022 AS ALL-NEW TOYOTA GR DKR HILUX T1+ IS CONFIRMEDRead more
Toyota Rumion – Toyota's New Compact MPV
Toyota will start the sales of the Toyota Rumion, a new compact MPV model, launching from October in Africa.
Toyota Rumion (High grade is shown)
The Toyota Rumion is newly added to further strengthen Toyota’s compact lineup, in order to meet the growing needs for the African market. As a roomy seven seater, the Toyota Rumion specifically caters to the evolving needs of customers in the smaller MPV segment.
The exterior design has a tough appearance matched with elegance, which gives you the confidence and pleasure to drive.
- The “Strong and Elegant” concept is shown in the robust character and elegant smooth flow in the exterior design.
- The front design of the Toyota Rumion employs a trapezoidal radiator grille, with the familiar three-horizontal-slat design and centrally-mounted Toyota ellipse.
- In the rear, large vertical LED tail lamps with L-shaped lens extensions create a squared off look.
The interior has elegant styling, packaged with convenience and an abundance of space.
- The interior is finished in black textile trim with a silver and brown textured grain accent.
- Equipped with a three-spoke urethane steering wheel, and 60/40 folding second row of seats. The cabin is provided with electric windows, tilt-adjustable steering column and air-conditioner.
Engine & Transmission
The new comer is secured with a four-cylinder petrol engine, which is highly responsive and brings joys to driving.
- The 1.5L K15B engine is not only efficient but also ensures ease of driving.
- The Toyota Rumion offers two transmission types, a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic (grade dependent).
- The lightweight, highly rigid body also boasts excellent aerodynamic performance.
Safety & Security
Ensuring peace of mind, the Toyota Rumion offers safety equipment standard on all models.
- All grades come standard with both driver and passenger airbags.
- The Toyota Rumion offers ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) accompanied by EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) ensuring you are supported when you need it most.
- An immobilizer and alarm are also included across the board.
Toyota offers a Special Extended Warranty for the Toyota Rumion of 5 years or 150 thousand km whichever comes first*.
For details of grade, specification, and price, please kindly contact the distributor in your country.
*Contents of warranty may depend on country. Please kindly contact the distributor in
Corolla cross Line-off Ceremony was held for our first local production for Hybrid Electric Vehicle in African region at Toyota South Africa
The Corolla Cross Line-off Ceremony was held at manufacturing plant of TOYOTA South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd (TSAM) in Durban.
TSAM hosted the president of South Africa, Mr. Ramaphosa, and the Minister of Trade, Industry & Competition of South Africa, Mr. Patel.
This will be Toyota’s first local production of Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) in African region and we achieved a major step forward in Carbon neutrality with South Africa together.
Also, the introduction of the Corolla Cross and corolla Cross (HEV) has generated a total of 575 new jobs at the TSAM plant while over 1200 direct jobs were created in the component supply base.
The president Mr. Rmaphosa expressed maximum appreciation and expectation for start of production of new model including HEV even in tough situation of Covid19 and shown that government will do utmost to support this new challenge.
Powered by Froala Editor
Driving the Ultra-Tough “F-Course” in the Land Cruiser: Building Roads to Improve Cars (Part 2)Read more
“Meister” on Making Ever-Better Land Cruisers: Building Roads to Improve Cars (Part 1)Read more