Toyota Rumion – Toyota's New Compact MPV
Toyota will start the sales of the Toyota Rumion, a new compact MPV model, launching from October in Africa.
Toyota Rumion (High grade is shown)
The Toyota Rumion is newly added to further strengthen Toyota’s compact lineup, in order to meet the growing needs for the African market. As a roomy seven seater, the Toyota Rumion specifically caters to the evolving needs of customers in the smaller MPV segment.
The exterior design has a tough appearance matched with elegance, which gives you the confidence and pleasure to drive.
- The “Strong and Elegant” concept is shown in the robust character and elegant smooth flow in the exterior design.
- The front design of the Toyota Rumion employs a trapezoidal radiator grille, with the familiar three-horizontal-slat design and centrally-mounted Toyota ellipse.
- In the rear, large vertical LED tail lamps with L-shaped lens extensions create a squared off look.
The interior has elegant styling, packaged with convenience and an abundance of space.
- The interior is finished in black textile trim with a silver and brown textured grain accent.
- Equipped with a three-spoke urethane steering wheel, and 60/40 folding second row of seats. The cabin is provided with electric windows, tilt-adjustable steering column and air-conditioner.
Engine & Transmission
The new comer is secured with a four-cylinder petrol engine, which is highly responsive and brings joys to driving.
- The 1.5L K15B engine is not only efficient but also ensures ease of driving.
- The Toyota Rumion offers two transmission types, a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic (grade dependent).
- The lightweight, highly rigid body also boasts excellent aerodynamic performance.
Safety & Security
Ensuring peace of mind, the Toyota Rumion offers safety equipment standard on all models.
- All grades come standard with both driver and passenger airbags.
- The Toyota Rumion offers ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) accompanied by EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) ensuring you are supported when you need it most.
- An immobilizer and alarm are also included across the board.
Toyota offers a Special Extended Warranty for the Toyota Rumion of 5 years or 150 thousand km whichever comes first*.
For details of grade, specification, and price, please kindly contact the distributor in your country.
*Contents of warranty may depend on country. Please kindly contact the distributor in
Corolla cross Line-off Ceremony was held for our first local production for Hybrid Electric Vehicle in African region at Toyota South Africa
The Corolla Cross Line-off Ceremony was held at manufacturing plant of TOYOTA South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd (TSAM) in Durban.
TSAM hosted the president of South Africa, Mr. Ramaphosa, and the Minister of Trade, Industry & Competition of South Africa, Mr. Patel.
This will be Toyota’s first local production of Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) in African region and we achieved a major step forward in Carbon neutrality with South Africa together.
Also, the introduction of the Corolla Cross and corolla Cross (HEV) has generated a total of 575 new jobs at the TSAM plant while over 1200 direct jobs were created in the component supply base.
The president Mr. Rmaphosa expressed maximum appreciation and expectation for start of production of new model including HEV even in tough situation of Covid19 and shown that government will do utmost to support this new challenge.
Powered by Froala Editor
The all new Toyota Belta – Toyota’s new Sedan for Africa
In October 2021 there is all new Toyota model coming to African countries! We will introduce the new Sedan model; Toyota Belta, adding it to the Toyota compacts line-up for Africa.
The new Toyota Belta (Deluxe (High) grade is shown, more pictures below)
In order to meet with the growing demand for compact cars in Africa, Toyota launches the new 5 seats Sedan model, Toyota Belta, in the African market. Name “Toyota Belta” is created based on a word which means “beautiful” in Italian. Its sporty and elegant exterior design harmonizes with the refined and spacious interior design, convenient for wide variety of usage. Toyota Belta also brings advanced and convenient features with an ample luggage space. The agile 1.5L petrol engine delivers dynamic performance without compromising on fuel efficiency.
The exterior design brings together a sportiness that conveys the feel of driving with a sense of elegance that is beyond this class.
- The “Sporty” concept is expressed by a powerful front-end shape and character lines that give a sense of speed.
- The “Elegant” concept is expressed through a graceful roofline and chrome-finished ornaments that complement the body.
The high-quality and spacious cabin provides a peaceful space with many advanced and convenient features that will make any travel feel safe and comfortable.
- High-quality interior design featuring silver and chrome-finished ornaments
- Top-level comfortable interior space for this class
- Convenient storage areas for our important items are located throughout the cabin
Engine & Performance
A good balance is achieved between great driving performance and fuel efficiency. Also, new Toyota Belta has precise handling and riding comfort to deliver a fun-to-drive experience.
- 1.5L K15B petrol engine with 77/6000(kW/rpm)
- Excellent 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmissions
- Lightweight and highly rigid body, with an excellent aerodynamic performance
- Precise steering handling and excellent riding comfort
When it comes to safety, in Toyota, compromise is not an option! Standard features include:
- Dual front Airbags for driver and passenger
- ABS - Anti-lock Braking System
- EBD - Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- TECT (Total Effective Control Technology) lightweight, impact-absorbing body that effectively utilizes high-tensile steel
- Front seat belt pre-tensioners and force limiters that reacts before impact to minimize passenger injuries
- Child-proof rear door locks for extra safety
Special Extended Warranty
Toyota offers a Special Extend Warranty for new Toyota Belta with a 5 year warranty or 150.000 km (whichever occurs first)*.
Reference: Main specifications
Length (mm): 4490
Width (mm): 1730
Height (mm): 1475
Seating Capacity: 5
Displacement (cm³) :1462
Maximum output (kW/rpm): 77 / 6000
Maximum torque (Nm/rpm): 138 / 4400
Transmission: 5MT or 4AT
*Contents of warranty may depend on country. Please kindly contact the distributor in your country.
**For full details of grades, specifications, and price, please kindly contact the distributor in your country.
Toyota Launches New Land Cruiser
Since its launch in 1951, the Land Cruiser has supported the safety and security of its owners and passengers, and allowed people to go anywhere and everywhere safely. In order to continue living up to its reputation, the new Land Cruiser has evolved, and now boasts improved reliability, durability, and off- road performance.
The identity of the new Land Cruiser 300 Series has been reshaped by merging cutting-edge technologies with technologies accumulated over many years, enabling the driver to drive on any type of road in the world without tiring. The new Land Cruiser launched worldwide in August 2021 and will launch throughout Africa in the last quarter of 2021 and the first quarter of 2022.
Supporting lives, livelihoods, and more fulfilling lifestyles all over the world
Launched in August 1951, the Land Cruiser was originally known as the "Toyota BJ," a four-wheel-drive vehicle equipped with a powerful engine. In the 70 years since, it has sought to deliver safety and security to a wide variety of customers.
All over the world, the Land Cruiser has supported lives, livelihoods, and more fulfilling lifestyles, and has promised to take people anywhere and everywhere with safety being the priority. Keeping with the Land Cruiser's essence of "reliability, durability, and off-road performance" which has been further evolved, based on the usage and voice of its global customers. The Land Cruiser sale have achieved a cumulative total of approximately 10.6 million units, more than 300,000 units*1 per year, being cherished by customers in 170 countries and regions all over the world. The Land Cruiser has been a strong partner contributing to safe and comfortable travel throughout the African continent.
*1: Figure includes both Lexus LX and GX.
Completely redesigned: Inheritance and evolution, easy to drive and difficult to tire
The new Land Cruiser 300 Series is a complete redesign of the outgoing 200 Series, which launched in 2007. Its development objectives are outlined below:
With these objectives in mind, Toyota retained the same frame structure, and aligned it with the new GA-F platform, which is based on the TNGA philosophy. The vehicle's identity has also been reshaped by merging cutting-edge technologies with technologies accumulated over many years.
Cumulative number of the global Corolla sales finally reached 50 million at the end of July 2021.
Toyota Corolla, a car for the people, user-friendly and affordable, while still maintaining quality and reliability, capturing the heart of the public…
50 millions Corollas Worldwide since 1966. Thanks for all the love and support